Tales from the Hairy Bottle

It's a sad and beautiful world

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Man pees his way out of avalanche

Slovak Richard Kral found himself the victim of an avalanche in the Tatra mountains. He had opened the car window, to try to escape, but then realised that if he tried to dig himself out he risked a further snow-fall engulfing him inside the car.

Just like in one of those lateral thinking survival games where you can employ an inventory of everyday items to help you get through, Kral's thoughts went to the large store of beer he was taking on holiday with him. Ananova continues the story:-

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."


Is this a piss-take? (via Monkeyfilter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home